terça-feira, 15 de maio de 2012

The Pop Paradox


The Pop Paradox

Do I listen to Pop music because I´m miserable or am I miserable because I listen to Pop music?

I could never blame Pop music, though.

I could be miserable because of movies or romantic literature (the literature movement, not cheesy novels).

Or just because of life.

But the funny thing is that we can never be satisfied with happy.

We can´t get no satisfaction.

We demand euphoria.

At least a mix of euphoria, happiness and sadness.

Anxiety helps too.

And then we pump ourselves up with alcohol, cigarettes, parties, and immense doses of Pop music.

Some go even further and take a walk on the indie side.

I can´t get no satisfaction.

If true happiness is in the details, the little things, then I´m screwed.

I need more and more.

I need them big, scary, mind blowing, unbelievable.

I need them to be carefully built like a blockbuster movie.

And I fucking need it now.

Nenhum comentário:

Da leveza do amor tranquilo

Ela me disse: eu quero a leveza de um amor tranquilo. Amor fácil, meu bem, é para quem tem dificuldade de amar. Para quem encontra no outr...